Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What's wrong with the Red Sox?


I know this is irrelevant to you Bolivia watchers, but the students are on their way to Torotoro (where they will spend three days hiking, caving, and splashing beneath waterfalls), and I am following the Red Sox via MLB radio on my computer. The Sox have dropped 7 of the last 10 games and now trail the Yankees by 2.5 games in the AL East, after leading by 3 at the All Star break. And after blowing a seven run lead last night against the A's (one of the worst teams in the AL), they trail 5-0 after one inning in Boston. What is the deal?

Being far away and unable to watch the games, I feel disconnected from my team, and somehow partly responsible for this train wreck. I've got to get home so I can start watching again, and things can return to normal. Yes, I am that powerful.

No comments: